Thursday, February 5, 2015

Wilhelm 1+2 (sed407)

Poor Nate. I think he represents a piece of all of us pre-first year teachers. We're taking the classes and making the lesson plans- and we're aligning all of these with our content standards (curriculum). That is what we're taught to do.

But thank you Wilhelm for challenging that. I have to say it might not ever have occurred to me that while teaching History, I might have to address the question, "but what will they know how to do when they're done?" I guess I need to figure that out.

In regards to Wilhelm's theory of teaching as a science, I also agree. For too long teaching has had gender biases as well as professional biases. The truth is closer to what Wilhelm says, teaching needs to be looked at scientifically and considered based on the cognitive development we understand in children.

I'm soo uninspired with this entry....

I'm giving up for this week but I'll see ya'll next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment